[Skip to Content]
PLEASE BE ADVISED: All persons entering the Courthouse must do so through the new building entrance on Monroe Street.

Voting as a College Student

Voting on Election Day

  • You may register using either your home address or college address at www.votespa.com.
  • If you register using your home address and you will be attending college on Election Day, you should contact the County where you are registered and ask for an absentee application or visit your county‚Äôs website to print an application.
  • If you register using your college address, you can vote at the precinct noted on your voter card. If you are unable to vote at your college address, you can request an absentee application from Monroe County.
  • If you are registered in another State, you must either cancel that registration to register in Pennsylvania or request an absentee ballot through that County and State.
  • You will be required to show ID the first time you vote in a new precinct.
  • The individuals who may ask you to fill out a voter registration form on campus are not associated with the Monroe County Elections office so be careful when you share personal information.

Absentee Voting

  • If you will not be physically present on Election Day in the precinct where you are registered, you can fill out an absentee ballot application at www.votespa.gov
  • Apply for an absentee ballot at least a month before the Election.
  • On the application be sure to include the mailing address to which you want the absentee ballot sent.
  • When you receive the ballot, read the directions carefully, fill it out, and return it via mail. The ballots are due in the Elections Office the Friday before the Election.

ID requirements for 1st time Voters

Photo Identification (must be valid) 
    PA Driver's License or ID Card issued by PennDot
    ID issued by U.S. Government
    ID issued by any Commonwealth of Pennsylvania agency
    U.S. Passport
    U.S. Armed Forces ID
    Student ID
    Employee ID

Non-photo Identification (must include name and address)
    Voter Identification card issued by the Elections Office
    Non-photo ID issued by the Commonwealth of PA
    Non-photo ID issued by the U.S. Government
    Firearm Permit
    Current bank statement
    Current utility bill
    Current paycheck
    Government check 

Helpful Links