Campaign Expense & Candidate Information
Campaign expense are costs incurred for goods and services candidates use in their election campaign. This would include things such as audit and accounting fees, the cost of holding fundraising functions, interest on loans, etc. As a candidate, it is your responsibility to ensure that copies of receipts are kept for all expenditures.
Campaign Expense Forms
- Political Committee Registration Statement (DSEB-500)
- Authorization for a Political Committee to Receive Funds on Behalf of a Candidate (DSEB-501)
- Campaign Expense Report (under $250.00 - DESB-503)
- Campaign Expense Report(over $250.00 - DSEB-502)
- Late Contributions - 24 Hour Report
- Independent Expenditure Reporting Form (DESB-505)
Campaign Expense Forms
- PADOS Campaign Finance Reporting Law
- PADOS Campaign Finance Website
- PADOS Campaign Finance Reports
- PADOS Campaign Finance FAQs
- Candidate's Request for Walking List - Candidates are entitled to one (1) free Walking List the year they are running for office.
- Write-in Instructions - The Monroe County Board of Elections recommends that all write in candidates provide either cards or self-inking stamps to voters with the candidate’s name clearly printed on (as registered). Stickers are prohibited. It is also recommended that the candidate ask the voter to print the name on the ballot exactly as it appears on the information card. Return the completed declaration to Monroe County Voter Registration, One Quaker Plaza, Room 105, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
- Watcher Information - Each candidate at a primary or election may appoint two (2) watchers for each election district where that candidate is on the ballot.
Write-in Consolidation - Once the primary/election is concluded, the Board of Elections must certify the results. For write-in candidates, the election law requires that the Board must compute and certify votes exactly as the names appear on the ballot.
As indicated above, the Board of Elections must certify votes cast on either the primary or general election ballot exactly as the names are written. For example, a candidate registered as John C. Lancaster, would have variations of his name such as, J. Lancaster, J.C. Lancaster, and Jon Lancaster listed as separate write in votes on the certification.
A candidate may petition to accumulate votes with similar names. This petition must be presented to the Monroe County Elections Office no later than five days after the completion of Final Count.
All write in candidates must abide by the Campaign Finance Reporting Law. If a write in candidate is in receipt of, if spending, $250.00 or more for his/her campaign; the candidate must file Campaign Finance Statements and Reports in a timely manner. Please check with the Election Office, before you begin your campaign, for the proper forms, reports and filing dates. Also, you should be aware that all advertising and signage must clearly state who is paying for the advertising and signage.