Monroe County Office of Prothonotary
George Warden, Prothonotary
610 Monroe Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Proof of Citizenship
- Your birth certificate from the Department of Vital Statistics from the state in which you were born, with the raised seal of the state or Original Naturalization papers whichever applies.
- Hospital certificates are not acceptable.
- U.S. Department of State requires birth certificates to contain both parents' names.
- The U.S. Department of State requires children under the age of 16 to have both parents name and/or proper information listed on both lines of the "".
- Social Security Number must be on all applications, including children.
- Proof of identity, i.e. Pennsylvania driver's license, valid at least 3 months or more, or other Pennsylvania State issued ID. Identification must bear both the signature and photograph of the applicant.
- Passport Photo - One passport photo (2 X 2 in size). Photographs must be clear, front view, full face with plain white or off white background, NO SCHOOL PHOTOS - NO COLOR PRINTER PHOTOS ACCEPTABLE. (Passport Services NO GLASSES in photos)
- Do NOT sign the application or attach anything to the application.
ALL APPLICANTS OF ANY AGE MUST APPEAR IN PERSON.
- The application along with the photos and identification can be submitted at the Prothonotary Office. The office is located at Monroe County Courthouse, 610 Monroe St. Suite 323, Stroudsburg PA 18360 between the hours of 9:00am - 4:00pm.
- Children under the age of 16 must have both parents or legal guardians present, with original court order or certified copy, to sign the passport application or the required documentation signed and notarized (form DS-3053) as stated on the information sheet.
- If your application is completed by 1:00 pm, it will be mailed the same day. After 1:00 pm, it will be mailed the next working day.
- Processing time is approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks or more. Expedited service is two(2) to three (3) weeks.
- A Passport Card is valid for land or sea travel to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda, and the Caribbean only. Passport Card is NOT valid for air travel to any destination.