To obtain a certified copy of your Pennsylvania birth record or the record or an immediate family member, you are welcome to visit the Department of Health’s web site at: Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Or you may choose one of the following options:
- Visiting one of the public offices located in:
Scranton (570) 963-4595
Division of Vital Records
Scranton State Office Building, Room 112
100 Lackawanna Ave
Scranton, PA 18503-1928
- Other locations:
Erie - (814) 451-4595
Harrisburg - (717) 346-1470 or (717) 346-1471
New Castle -(412) 656-3100 or (412) 656-3126
Pittsburgh - (412) 578-8026
Philadelphia - (215) 686-5000
- Sending your request via facsimile machine using a valid credit card.
- Mailing your request, with the required fees, and necessary information pertaining to the birth to:
- Division of Vital Records
P.O. Box 158
New Castle, PA 16101
- All of these options are further explained including processing times, by visiting the Department of Health's Website.
- If you were not born in the state of Pennsylvania you may visit VitalChek for more information on ordering a birth record from another state.