​How Do I Apply for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Monroe County, Pennyslvania 
Monroe County ERAP applications may be submitted online, via mail, or designated location by appointment.

Tenant Online Application - Pease register for the online application portal. The CAPTAIN system will send a verification e-mail with a password. Applicants do not need to complete the application in one sitting. However, applications can only be submitted once, so verify all information and document uploads before submitting.

Paper applications can be requested at the e-mail/phone number listed below or downloaded, printed, and mailed: Monroe County ERAP, One Quaker Plaza Room 204, Stroudsburg, PA 18360.

Rental Application (PDF) - Not Required for Online
CAPTAIN Client Release Form - Tenant Only (PDF) 
HIPAA Authorization Form - Tenant Only (PDF)
Tenant Certification Form​ – Tenant Only (PDF)
Appeal Form - Tenant Only (PDF)
Landlord Certification Form – Landlord Only (PDF)
W-9 - Landlord Only (PDF)

E-mail questions to erap@monroecountypa.gov or call 570-243-6677.

Information you will need to provide:

  • Personal identification information for the head of household.  This could include a driver's license, state-issued ID card, passport, etc.
  • Income information for all household members over the age of 18.
  • Your lease and something to show the amount of rent you owe.
  • Your landlord's name and contact information.
  • Utility expenses like electric, water, oil, natural gas, etc.
  • Utility provider information.

Documents you need to provide:

  • Personal identification such as a driver's license, state-issued ID card, passport, etc.
  • Unemployment determination letter or proof of a decrease in household income due to COVID-19 (paystubs or a letter from your employer).
  • Proof of income for all household members over age 18.
  • Paystubs, W-2s, other wage statements, tax filings, direct deposit records, or attestation from an employer.
  • Documentation of unearned income such as unemployment benefits, social security benefits, retirement benefits, child/spousal support, etc.
  • Document(s) showing rent and/or rental arrears due.
  • Document(s) showing utility and/or utility arrears due.
  • Document(s) showing other housing-related expenses experienced due to COVID-19.
Note: ERAP staff will work with you to get necessary documents and/or written attestations as needed to complete the application.